[GRASSLIST:57] Re: More Solaris 9 problems - NVIZ

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri May 16 14:47:43 EDT 2003

Ade Fewings wrote:

> Would appreciate any help with what has become an unsurmountable problem
> here at the moment.....
>
> I have now got Grass 5.0.2 building and working on Sol9 except for NVIZ
> which doesn't build, with 'make' giving the following errors:
>
> GRASS GIS source code compiled.
>
> Compilation error in module: src/general/g.region (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.points3 (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.digit (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.in.gshhs (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.mkquads (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.proj (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/misc/m.proj2 (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.proj (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.sun (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.sunmask (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/sites/s.proj (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/display/devices/PNGdriver (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2 (ignored)
>
> Understanding not enough about the build process, does this mean that
> the reason NVIZ2.2 won't build is because of problems with the
> previously mentioned compile problems?  NVIZ's error is:

ISTR that the NVIZ error has already been identified, and is fixed in
the CVS HEAD.

I suspect that most of the errors are related to the projection code;
only 15 GRASS modules use the projection library, and 10 of them are
in the above list.

The PNGdriver error is probably related to the problems which you've
been having with GD.

We need to see the actual error messages from "make" in order to be
able to do anything about these problems.