[GRASSLIST:107] Re: Considering replacing ESRI

seeker at eventhorizon.ca seeker at eventhorizon.ca
Wed May 21 11:46:31 EDT 2003

Yes, I've discovered that already but we are in need of some serious cost
cutting and we have been mandated by our executives to explore all options.
Change is never easy but in this case, it may be necessary so even if it is an
unpopular idea with my GIS users it must be explored and they are aware of
that.

This thread has been extremely helpful to me and I think I have a good
starting point.  I think at this point I need to enlist the help of my GIS
folks and start exploring some of the options pointed out here.  I needed to
know if the Open Source options were viable and from what I've seen so far it
looks like there are a ton of options.

Thanks for your help.

--
CJR