[GRASSLIST:121] GRASS/postgresql

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Wed May 21 17:02:10 EDT 2003

I am sorry that I have been such a source of annoying
inquiry today.

I found an answer to the GRASS/postgresql problem that I
just posted.  (The binary of 5.0.2 wants libpq.so.2 and my
system has libpq.so.3 but not libpq.so.2)

The solution is based on the archived email reprinted below.

1. I made sure that /etc/ld.so.conf includes the nonstandard
location of the pgsql libraries: /usr/local/pgsql/lib and
that I had run ldconfig after making the addition.

2. I created a symbolic link link of /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.2 for /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so, i.e

ln -s /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.2

which seems to have done the trick.  (Please let me know if
there is anything dangerous about this "fix.")

Best,

Michael