[GRASSLIST:1780] Re: Vector networking tutorial

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Nov 17 07:17:42 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 04:10:38AM -0800, Maliheh wrote:
> > In GRASS 5.0.x/5.3:
> > v.in.dxf bla bla
> > exit
> >
> > In GRASS 5.7:
> > v.convert bla bla
> >
> > If this doesn't help (it should), please contact the
> > mailing list.
> >
> > Markus
>
> Hello Markus,
> Thank you so much for your responses, but I couldn't
> solve my problem yet, and I'm so sad, because it's so
> important for me :(
>
> Full story:
> 1. I worked with spearfish sample data and I havn't
> any problem till I wanted to import a dxf file,
> 2. As you said in tutorial, I downloaded the
> "WATRTOWR.DXF" and I copied it in
> /grassdata/spearfish/permanent folder.

This is not correct, I think. The file should be in the
directory where you launch the command or you have to
give the full path.

> 3.because I haven't dwg lib, I started grass5 and try
> to use v.in.dxf, but the below has happened:

What do you intend to do with the WATRTOWR.DXF in GRASS 5.0?

> -----------------
> v.in.dxf
> FLAG: Set the following flag?
>     output to an ascii vector file (default:
> binary)?(y/n) [n]
> FLAG: Set the following flag?
>     Suppress drawing of text outlines?(y/n) [n]
> OPTION:   DXF input file
>      key: dxf
> required: YES
> enter option > watrtowr.dxf
> You have chosen:
>   dxf=watrtowr.dxf
> Is this correct? (y/n) [y]
> OPTION:   DXF layers with line data
>      key: lines
> required: NO
> multiple: YES
> enter option >
> OPTION:   DXF layers with label data
>      key: labels
> required: NO
> multiple: YES
> enter option >
> OPTION:   Prefix for dig or dig_ascii and dig_att
> output files
>      key: prefix
> required: NO
> enter option >
> cannot open [watrtowr.dxf] for dxf file

> Now I don't know what is my wrong?
> Please help me!

A general problem is that you work with data intended
to 5.7 in GRASS 5.0. The tutorial was written for 5.7.

It doesn't make much sense to use it for 5.0/5.3.

Best Regards

Markus