[GRASSLIST:1427] r.in.tiff

Petra Wallem pwallem at bio.puc.cl
Tue Oct 7 12:40:12 EDT 2003

Hi every body, I want to create a mapset from a scanned map. I allready
created the location and mapset with the 'xy' coordinate system, and
then tried tu run r.in.tiff (it is a tif image). But all I get is a
black display, even though I can see the created raster file in list of
rasters. After that, I did run r.support, but have to confess didn't
really know what I was doing... and I still see the black display. Can
any body advice me which other command I should use or what I am doing
wrong? I am not shure about the image, I guess it is not a geotif and
just a palin tiff.
In advance thanks a lot
Petra