[GRASSLIST:1459] Exporting TIFF images

M. Beth Wilkerson bwilkerson at DEPAUW.EDU
Thu Oct 9 09:59:44 EDT 2003

I have a raster map in GRASS 5.0.2 that was generated by importing 4 GTOPO30
tiles.  Now I would like to output this raster map as a TIFF file with 8-bit
color.  I tried using

    r.out.tiff -p -t -v input=rastermap output=tifmap

However, when I submit this command, I get the following error:

ERROR: Color map for palette must have less than 256 colors for the
available range of data

Note that if I execute the same command without the "-p" option, I can
successfully export a TIFF file with 24-bit color.

Can someone tell me how to "downsize" my number of colors so that I can
successfully export a 8-bit color TIFF image?

Thanks,
Beth
--
M. Beth Wilkerson