[GRASSLIST:1616] Re: a problem in NVIZ

temiz temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Fri Oct 31 04:35:12 EST 2003

Hamish wrote:

>>I am using binary version of grass (5.0).
>>

>5.0.3 will be out soon, you might just wait for that & then for a new
>binary to be posted a few days later.
>

>>( could you possibly tell me how I can  compile grass from source code
>>with NVIZ and postgresql ? )
>>

>Not specifically for slackware, as I don't have it, but generally--
>
>Get the source code from:
>http://grass.ibiblio.org/download.html
>
>as 5.0.2 has the bug, you might want 5.0.3rc3, from here:
>http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass50/
>

>then follow the instructions in the INSTALL file.
>
>generally, you need to satisfy & install any build requirements (see
>REQUIREMENTS.html), which is often the most confusing part as it is
>slightly different for everybody.
>
>The run 'configure' with the options you need, for example:
>./configure \
>   --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.4 \
>   --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/postgresql \
>   --with-motif --with-motif-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
>   --with-glw
>
>(change or omit directory names as needed, see './configure --help')
>
>If that is sucessful, run "make" followed by "make install"
>
>That's it!
>

>Hamish

hello

I am afraid I am not clear on:

--with-motif-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \ # there is not such a directory.
necessary include files may be in  /usr/X11R6/GL directory ?
Are motif files necessary ? What are their function ?

--with-glw: this usage is ok. no need to define any include or library directories ?

I could not see REQUIREMENTS.html  file in the web page.

I will appreciate if you explains

--

Ahmet Temiz
General Directory of Disaster Affairs

Inflex - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr

The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.