[GRASSLIST:3113] reclass vector in GRASS57

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 7 15:10:46 EDT 2004

Hello,
A newbie question for GRASS57:
I have a 500000-polygon vector map, each polygon having 8 attributes. I'm
interested in attribute #3, for example: attribut #3 is an integer which can
take value from 1 to 500.
I'd like to change the category of each polygon to the value of attribute #3,
dissolving the boundaries at the same time (so that I would have 500 polygons
at the end...)
What would be the command(s) to use to get what I want ?
Thanks a lot in advance
P.

--
Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering