[GRASSLIST:3114] Re: digitizing and snapping problems

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Wed Apr 7 15:20:40 EDT 2004

Hi Jachym,

Did all those things. Here are the values from the custom menue:

    Current SNAPPING threshold (map scale is 1:63360):

|         Map : 16.093440  meters.
       |
|         Dig : 0.010000  -  1 / 100.000000 of an inch.
       |
|   Enter new Dig threshold or <RETURN> when finished:

m-----------------------------------------------------------------------
------j

If I read this correctly, the snapping distance on the map is 16
meters, and the threshold is 0.01

And yes, the snapped nodes appear red and the nodes with problems
appear green (kinda counter intuitive if you ask me... unless red means
"don't touch it... it's fine"). I think what I'm looking for is a way
to keep nodes active after a polygon snaps has been closed. That way
you can come back and start a second polygon off the node from the side
of the first polygon (thereby sharing a side).

Kirk

University of Minnesota     email: kwythers at umn.edu