[GRASSLIST:3186] Re: gmake53 problem

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 11:44:04 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> sorry, i run
> ln -s /home/bin/gmake53 /usr/local/bin/gmake53
> but also using  /home/bin/gmake53 the output is always the same......

Well yes because you are still running the wrong gmake53 (assuming the
configure line you gave in your last message is correct). You said
--bindir=/home so the correct version is /home/gmake53.
If you did --bindir=/home/bin then it would be /home/bin/gmake53

What does
find / -name gmake53
show... are there several copies of gmake53 on your system?

The way I see it the gmake53 in /usr/local/bin (and perhaps /home/bin also)
seems to be old and out of date and doesn't have the line
INST_DIR=xxxx
that should be there since 25th March when I made some improvements to the
gmake script.

Let me know how you get on.

Paul