[GRASSLIST:3274] tcltkgrass&

Mike Francis Mike at mikhul1.f2s.com
Sun Apr 25 09:40:03 EDT 2004

Hi,
I seem to be doing something wrong here. I've downloaded the appropriate GRASS version of tcltk and unpacked it at c:\cygwin, and this is the error I am now receiving:

Welcome to GRASS 5.0.3 (October 2003)

Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (GRASS) is Copyright,
1999-2002 by the GRASS Development Team, and licensed under terms of the
GNU General Public License (GPL).

This GRASS 5.0.3 release is coordinated and produced by the
GRASS Development Team headquartered at ITC-irst (Trento, Italy) with
worldwide support and further development sites located at Baylor
University and the University of Illinois (U.S.A.).

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
General Public License for more details.

This version running thru the GNU Bash (Cygwin) (/usr/bin/bash.exe)
Help is available with the command:      g.help
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
Start the graphical user interface with: tcltkgrass&
When ready to quit enter:                exit
GRASS:~ > tcltkgrass&
[1] 1952
GRASS:~ > Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable
Error in startup script: invalid command name "bind"
    while executing
"bind balloon <Enter> {
        set balloonHelp(%W,after) [after 400 {updateBalloonHelp %W}]
    }   "
    (procedure "BalloonInit" line 2)
    invoked from within
"BalloonInit"
    (file "/usr/local/grass5/tcltkgrass/main/gui.tcl" line 1677)
    invoked from within
"source $env(TCLTKGRASSBASE)/main/gui.tcl"
    (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass" line 21)

Could someone tell me how to come over this please?

Many thanks,
Mike