[GRASSLIST:4065] Basic proj question

C.S. Cornuelle bob at xmission.com
Mon Aug 2 08:16:32 EDT 2004

I'm trying to project data from non-wgs84 sources onto the GTOPO30
DEM.  But these data are in Lambert equal area.  When I go to set up
a database in Lambert equal area, the choices for "geodetic datum"
do not include it, i.e.:

  ok? (y/n) [y]
  Do you wish to specify a geodetic datum for this location?(y/n) [y] y

  Please specify datum name
  Enter 'list' for the list of available datums
  or 'custom' if you wish to enter custom parameters
  Hit RETURN to cancel request
  >list
  Short Name      Long Name / Description
  ---
  agd66   Australian_Geodetic_Datum_1966
  (australian ellipsoid)
  ---
  agd84   Australian_Geodetic_Datum_1984
  (australian ellipsoid)

and so on.  No Lambert equal area, or several others I might name.  Does
this list come from PROJ.4?

I've compiled GRASS 5.3 with the latest PROJ.4 I could find, and still
no luck with this.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?  I'm assuming
that as per the manual one creates two databases and then uses r.proj
to project the one coordinate system onto the other one.

Thanks.  :^)

--
Adios,
Chris Cornuelle