[GRASSLIST:4197] Re: Adding CATS to buffered lines (Grass5.7)

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Aug 17 12:38:44 EDT 2004

New option. v.overlay writes 3 categories, first is a new unique
cat, the second is that from ainput and the third from binput;
fields are in this order. 'ofield' can change output fields.
With 'ofield=0,1,1' it will not write new unique cat
and it will merge cats from ainput and binput
into field 1 (i.e. two cats of the same field).
This option was added exactly for what you are doing - patching
of overlapping areas.

Radim