[GRASSLIST:2435] Bug?? v.shape.register and qgis question

francesco.pirotti at unipd.it francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Mon Feb 2 06:24:03 EST 2004

Hi everyone,
Got a point on dealing with shape files:
When v.shape.register is used, it registers a shape file with its full name
(eg. myfile.shp)  but when I try to paint it on the monitor (using d.m) it
gives me the following error:

Illegal vector map name .... Character <.> no allowed.
Map name not SQL compiant

Of course it does not like the dot (.) part in the "myfile.shp" but looks like
it is not possible to register a shape without its full name (dot (.)
included).  Is there a way to get around this?

I am using the CVS version of 5.7....

This one's for Radim, on qgis:
Are GRASS files read by Qgis?  I compiled Qgis with all the libgrass and
libgrass++ but the program seems to read shapes and postGIS files.  Is GRASS
somewhere?

Thanx for the time,
Francesco