[GRASSLIST:2417] Re: v.proj problems

Ian Macmillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 30 18:02:33 EST 2004

Quoting morten at untamo.net:

> The values for north and south in the utm location should both be
> positive. I tried
>
> north:      8112600
> south:      3770400
>
> and got Chile nicely in the monitor window.
>
> rgds
> Morten

Hmm, that is interesting, then I guess the problem isn't with v.proj.  It is
with r.in.gdal.  I imported a bunch of landsat rasters (from university of
maryland).  The utm region that I gave is the region that shows when I set
g.region raster=mylandsat.  I have posted the meta file here for the geotiffs i
imported.

www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~ian_macmillan/p233r084_7x19991226.txt

The coordinates given are all in latlong, however the projection said utm, hence
my importing them into a utm location.  did I do something wrong there?

-ian