[GRASSLIST:3816] Re: nviz startup problem

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jul 6 15:07:31 EDT 2004

Michael

In GRASS 5.7, you need to start NVIZ with nviz -q. Then load any
surfaces, vectors, and points (as sites) after starting NVIZ.

Michael Barton

On Jul 5, 2004, at 10:01 PM, Multiple recipients of list wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am a beginner in Linux and Grass57. After the Installation on Suse
> Linux
> 9.1 at start the following message appears.
>
> This version running thru the Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
> Help is available with the command:      g.manual
> See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
> If required, restart the graphical user interface with: d.m &
> Start the graphical menu system with:            tcltkgrass &
> When ready to quit enter:                exit
> bash: /etc/profile: line 290: syntax error: unexpected end of file
> GRASS 5.7.cvs:~ >
>
> The Program start and i can work with Grass57, only when i will start
> nviz
> following error message appears.
>
> can not find channel named "couldn't execute "nviz2.2_script": no such
> file
> or directory"
> can not find channel named "couldn't execute "nviz2.2_script": no such
> file
> or directory"
>     while executing
> "fconfigure $msg -blocking 0"
>     invoked from within
> ".run invoke"
>     ("uplevel" body line 1)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
>     (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
>     invoked from within
> "tk::ButtonUp .run"
>     (command bound to event)
>
> Is the error at nviz caused by the profile file?
> What means "unexpected end of file"? Is an environment variable for
> nviz
> required or a link to make.
> How can i solve the Problems?
>
> Thanks!

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671