[GRASSLIST:3690] Re: [GRASS5] GRASS 5.7.0 beta5 - Report

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Thu Jun 17 06:21:20 EDT 2004

Hi Radim,

compilation worked fine

Three questions:

v.label. It's impossible to create labels with v.label if I use
v.external for linking a shape files. If I import a shape file with
v.in.ogr I can create a label with v.label. Is it a feature or a bug?
NVIZ only works with DEM or raster files. It'impossible to add a
vector file. Example: in terminal I see:
BROWSER: .fbrowse TYPE: vect MODE: 1
Vector file perimeter at PERMANENT loaded.
Total vect memory = 502 Kbytes
but the vector is not displayed on the screen over the DEM. NVIZ in
Grass 53 works.
d.what.vect. If I use it with "Print query output as text in
terminal" checked I have not problem. If I use in normal or Edit
attributes mode I have a strange behaviour: sometime when I clic on
an object on display, Form window does not open and I have an error,
sometimes it opens and I see/edit data. Form is a tcl window: is this
behaviour connected to the answer speed? It's very strange...

GRASS 57 is very good: v.external is a great feature.

Cheers

Platform: OSX
||       Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|   ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |   via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (res.)
~~~~~~   40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131
			Download GRASS for MAC OS X:
	           http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/