[GRASSLIST:3716] v.in.ogr and v.out.ogr

cirgeo_admin francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Fri Jun 18 19:36:36 EDT 2004

Hi all grass users,

Firstly thanks to Radim for clearing up for me the fact that I (obviously)
have to compile gdal-ogr with pg support if I want to use it for postgis
import/export.

I am using a lot the new module v.out.ogr and v.in.ogr to import export
postgis:  I came up with the following observations:

the following command gave me an error:
v.out.ogr input=MA_finale dsn="PG:host=localhost dbname=EvA" layer=mamma
field=1 format=PostgreSQL

ERROR 1: AddGeometryColumn failed for layer mamma, layer creation has failed.
ERROR: Cannot create layer

If I IMPORT from a valid postgis database everything goes fine but the
attributes are not editable... is that normal??

Thanks,
Francesco Pirotti

--
CIRGEO