[GRASSLIST:3745] Re: v.reclass in GRASS 57

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 25 04:07:51 EDT 2004

[Friday 25 June 2004 03:18] From Radim Blazek
> I am not sure if it solves the error, but it should be
>   where SUBBASIN='Ashokan Reservoir'
> instead of
>   where SUBBASIN="Ashokan Reservoir"

Wow... I'm really impressed, it was exactly this ! Single quotes instead of
double quotes !  The reclass rules were written with a pipe to gawk, and I
thought I would avoid escaping single quotes. I'll know better next time.

That solves only part of my problem, though:
1. the boundaries are not dissolved with v.reclass, when they are with
v.extract. I expect 79 new categories (vs the initial 45657...), does this
mean I'm stuck with creating 79 vector maps with v.extract, that I'll have to
merge one way or the other ? What way, BTW ?
2. I end up with this:
_____
WARNING: For 14604 elements no new category was defined
Building topology ...
116779 primitives registered
31131 areas built
992 isles built
Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   86640
Number of primitives:   116779
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   85726
Number of centroids :   31053
Number of areas     :   31131
Number of isles     :   992
Number of areas without centroid :   78
31053 elments (sic) written
_____
in a nutshell, I'm missing roughly 40% of my expected output map (luckily, not
in the zone I should deal with). The pb may come from the fact that I have to
process a coverage initially e00, that flattened several layers of polygons
and non-boundary lines, plus some non-centroid point features. Top of it, the
'new' v.in.ogr seems to dislike long (more than 10-12 characters) category
names: I end up naturally with several columns sharing the same truncated
name, that I have to edit to get the right value for the right field
(something changed from my march/april version of 5.7...). The initial e00 is
about 100Mb... Any idea ??

Thanks again...