[GRASSLIST:2795] Re: error with grass5.7

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 07:12:15 EST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, [iso-8859-1] hamdi ines wrote:

> hello,
> Markus i don't understand your answer because it concerns only the ogr2ogr error, but don't answer me how resolv the problem with d.m, d.vect grass command error, and what signify bus error.

The idea is that many GRASS 5.7 modules depend on GDAL/OGR. The way the
build system is set up now many modules that don't even use it are linked
against the GDAL shared library as a consequence of it sometimes being
used by the internal GRASS gproj library (I suspect this is the case with
ps.map, which is run by d.m).

In addition to updating to a new version I would also check that your current
GDAL/OGR is installed properly, especially that the libraries are in a location
specified by your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable or in
/etc/ld.so.conf (run ldconfig after changing that).

But there is a good chance updating and re-installing your GDAL/OGR will
fix the problem and that is why Markus suggested doing that before you are
sure it's a GRASS problem that someone will take the time to look into
further.

Paul