[GRASSLIST:2947] Re: [GRASS5] FLY through in NVIZ

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 23:36:54 EST 2004

> How can I make a fly through from NVIZ. I tried NVIZ
> and could make only small animations. Thankyou in advance.

Check out the NVIZ tutorial.
http://grass.baylor.edu/gdp/nviz/nviz_tut.html

especially: Basic Animation and Key frame Animation sections.

This has been updated for GRASS 5.3 & 5.7.

Also try compiling "d.nviz" in src.contrib/GMSL/

If you make a symlink from 'ppmtompeg' to 'mpeg_encode' somewhere in
your $PATH, r.out.mpeg will work, but this is MPEG-1 and not that great.
For more MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 support you can use The GIMP; or for high
quality & modern MPEG-4 and others try mplayer's mencoder or the ffmpeg
encoder. For high quality animations you can play in any web browser
(limited to a few hundred frames) use "gifsicle".

The netpbm programs are useful and will be needed between steps...

If anyone knows how to do animated PNGs I'd be interested in how that
is done..?

Hamish