[GRASSLIST:2955] Re: invalid #dims or fields for site import

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 23:25:19 EST 2004

> Thank you for your reply.. but this solutions does not
> appear to fix the problem.
>
> I am using s.in.dbf sites=horse input=horse  The file
> I am including has one field: -116.656290 32.789870
> horse
>
> This is my error:
> ERROR: ebuf -116.656290 nbuf 32.789870 @"Horse"
>
> I have used s.in.dbf on another file, but the file did
> not have any negative numbers.
>
> Any suggestions? Is there another way to force this
> site into the map?  Is it possible that my location
> definitions are affecting this?

could you send me the file (or a subset) to try?
[Yahoo gets grumpy if the attachment is too big.. if it bounces, let me
know and we can make other arangements]

You may be able to do something on the command line with something like:
'dbview -b <filename.dbf> | cut -d":" -f1,2,3,4 | s.in.ascii'

I seem to remeber there were some fixes to s.in.dbf by Thierry Laronde
that never got applied (mostly because GRASS 5.7 will read in DBF files
directly so it is a non-issue for future development) but should be.

see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/2517
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/2522

fixes: