[GRASSLIST:4647] gshhs

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 26 15:25:33 EDT 2004

Hi all, I have imported the gshhs (full resolution) vector shoreline
into a latlong location using Grass 5.3 without problems.  I would now
like to bring it into 5.7.  The v.in.gshhs command is not available as
near as I can tell with 5.7, so I am trying to use v.convert to go from
5.3 vectors to 5.7.  The problem is that I have let v.convert run for
18 hours now, and it says that it is only 4% done with attaching
categories.  Something seems wrong here.  Has anybody imported gshhs
full resolution data into 5.7?  How did you do it?

Thanks,
Ian

PS I am running on mac os 10.3.5 with 5.7 from Lorenzo Moretti's site,
from roughly May, 2004.