[GRASSLIST:6417] Re: gdal with grass

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:44:15 EDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 10:59 PM, orkun <temiz at deprem.gov.tr> wrote:
> thank you
>
> I am going to use mapserver and get grass maps/
> I think the only way is to compile gdal with grass support.
> But is there a conflict of grass6 with gdal ?

Orkun,

My suggestion would be to:

 o configure, and install GDAL "--without-grass".

 o configure and install GRASS 6.

 o re-configure GDAL --with-grass and do "make clean; make; make install".

Alternatively you could build the GRASS driver for GDAL as a plugin
after building and installing GRASS but that has complications too.

Best regards,