[GRASSLIST:6493] m.proj s.in.ascii s.to.rast

Martin du Saire mdusaire at umn.edu
Fri Apr 15 13:11:22 EDT 2005

Hi,

I just installed GRASS6.0, the installation was a lot easier (as I recall)
than installing 5.0 a year ago.

Last time I worked with GRASS (Feb 2004), I was trying to calculate the
landcover statistics in a 500km radius around a research site using the
NLCD from USGS:

a)  I used m.proj2 to convert my site location to the appropriate projection.
b)  defined the site with s.in.ascii, and converted it to a raster using
s.to.rast.
c)  created the buffer zone using r.buffer
d)  patched the landcover map in the buffer zone with r.patch -z
e)  calculated statistics with r.stat -c

What happened to m.proj(2), s.in.ascii, and s.to.rast?

I gather these commands no longer exist. In that case I need some help
figuring out how to do this in 6.0.

Thanks.

Martin

[Originally posted to win-Grass, so I apologize for multiple posting]