[GRASSLIST:6498] r.water.outlet

Eric Hillmuth hillmuth at verizon.net
Fri Apr 15 18:09:21 EDT 2005

I'm having trouble coming up with the drainage direction input for
r.water.outlet. The documentation indicates that the input should come
from r.watershed but I'm working with large DEMs and r.watershed is too
slow. It seems like I should be able to use flow direction from
r.fill.dir in AGNPS format but it doesn't work out. r.fill.dir produces
flow direction as 1-8 with 1 being North. R.water.outlet takes flow
direction input as 1-8 but I'm unsure of the if 1 is North. I suspect 1
is East but I'd appreciate any ideas.

Eric