[GRASSLIST:7889] r.proj takes a very long time / does not complete

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Fri Aug 12 15:43:32 EDT 2005

I have a long-standing problem with r.proj.  I have never been able
to complete a successful re-projection of a raster file.  For
example, I am trying to pull in a raster file from a location that is
lat-lon, WGS84 into a location that is state-plane meters, NAD83.
The raster grid is relatively small, 1000 cols by 830 rows.  I start
r.proj like this:

r.proj input=KEWX20040710_025420 location=TX_ll_WGS84
mapset=PERMANENT output=proj1 method=nearest

Although my CPU stays pegged at close to 100% usage, the progress bar
never moves forward and nothing happens, even if I leave it for many
hours.  Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

Jason Horn
Boston University Department of Biology
5 Cumington Street  Boston, MA 02215

jhorn at bu.edu