[GRASSLIST:7938] Re: v.in.dwg

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 05:23:12 EDT 2005

Hi,
the downloaded opendwg (for GRASS v.in.dwg to work) is to be compiled with GRASS6.*.
This is not fair game for most eager GIS users who shift from other commercial packages.
Even importing E00 files of ARC-INFO also pose a problem.
Compilation again needs some C and Linux knowledge..

If these files can come similar to dependency RPMs like tcl, tk,gdal etc it would be wonderful.
Ravi Kumar
Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:04:48AM +0200, Adrián J. Montero Calvo wrote:
> Hello, I've downloaded opendwg, but i don't want to compile all grass 6.0. Can anybody send me a copy of v.in.dwg and v.in.dwg30 compiled? Otherwise, is it posible to compile only these modules? Thanks.

There are two options:
- if the opendwg libs are only statically distributed (.a extension),
the v.in.dwg cannot be distributed (legally)
- if the opendwg libs are also distributed as dynamic libraries
we can also distribute v.in.dwg. I didn't check for a long time,
two years ago only the static opendwg library was available.

What is the current state?

Markus

http://mail.yahoo.com