[GRASSLIST:9486] Re: projection of vector points from v.in.ascii

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Wed Dec 14 18:00:12 EST 2005

Thanks Amish,

I gave it a try but cs2cs does not seem to be able to process the entire
table with coordinates and point values.

What I am trying to do is to automate the commands I have used to
process the ascii output file of the population model (i.e., import,
reproject, interpolate, clip, drape over a shaded relief, etc.) by using
a script. I am missing some steps:

- How can I switch between locations with a shell script (so far I am
able to start grass with the correct location/mapset: not much)?

- Is it better to run the script from the bash/cygwin shell or from the
grass shell?

- Is there a general approach to GRASS scripts and where should look for
reference?

Thanks,

Luigi