[GRASSLIST:5854] Invisible File Open Dialog

Carl Brown cbsled at verizon.net
Fri Feb 18 20:41:40 EST 2005

In 6.0.0 cvs, updated yesterday, running on debian sarge.
Built against Tcl/Tk 8.3 to fix NVIZ, running Tcl/Tk 8.4.

File>Import>*

Clicking the button in any Import window, which should open the File Open
Dialog window, results in an apparent freeze.

 I'm running KDE, I get the "window opening" sound from KDE, but no visible
window opens, and no new window appears in the panel task list.

The Display Manager and all child windows are frozen while the program waits
for the nonexistent, or at least invisible, window to close. I must kill d.m
and restart it to clear the problem.

I tried r.in.gdal from the prompt, no problem.

Looks like a bug to me.

--
Carl Brown
Whitefield, NH USA