[GRASSLIST:5902] s.in.ascii -replacement?

Harri Kiiskinen harkiisk at utu.fi
Thu Feb 24 11:02:53 EST 2005

Hello,

I just upgraded to Grass 6.0.0beta2, and found out, that I have a large
problem. Earlier, I used to keep my data in plain text files in the
form:

10:34:23.23E	45:12:00.23N	0	"What a dump!"

In Grass 5.0, this type of data was easily imported through s.in.ascii,
but in the curretn version, s.in.ascii does not exist any more, and
v.in.ascii is not capable of reading files of this type. Is there any
way importing these files is possible, or do I have to manually convert
all of the data?

--
Harri Kiiskinen