[GRASSLIST:5920] Re: 6.0.0beta2 configure failure

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Feb 27 16:28:11 EST 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 10:11:37AM +1300, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> flavor, containing:
> >    2) The serious problem is that building GRASS with gdal support
> >    wants the
> > gdal path. But, building gdal with GRASS support wants the GRASS path.
> > Something's gotta' give. What are folks doing about this lock
> > condition?
>
> Build GDAL without GRASS support. This is for when you would like GDAL
> to read GRASS maps without actually having GRASS installed. You can
> compile the plugin later if needed (eg for QGIS or Mapserver).

I'm told that r.out.gdal complains if GDAL is compiled without GRASS support.

It should be enough to first build GDAL without GRASS support, then build GRASS
with GDAL support, then rebuild and install GDAL *with* GRASS support by
pointing the configure script at your installed GRASS binaries directory.  The
shared library should then be OK, and r.out.gdal should work without
recompiling GRASS.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."