[GRASSLIST:5483] Re: GRASS raster to ArcGIS?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Jan 22 04:29:02 EST 2005

GRASS raster -> other GIS:

A good (rather new) option to exchange data is to go via standard
raster files such as GeoTIFF etc.

GRASS 6 provides a script 'r.out.gdal' which writes valid
GeoTIFFs (also other formats, see:
 http://grass.itc.it/grass60/manuals/html60_user/r.out.gdal.html
)
It is a wrapper script around the excellent 'gdal_translate' tool.

Requirements are GDAL to be installed, with GRASS support
compiled in (GDAL now comes with an own driver/plugin which
links to the GRASS 6 libraries, no need to compile the
dated 'libgrass').
Configuration scripts (especially for the GRASS/GDAL plugin)
I can make available.

SuSe users may go here for SRPMs/binary RPMS:

 http://www.gdf-hannover.de/software/suse/9.1/

Regards

 Markus Neteler

--