[GRASSLIST:5533] LIDAR Processing in Grass 5.7/Grass 6.0

Kenneth Denson frogbot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:46:26 EST 2005

I've been trying to figure out how to process LIDAR data using the
paper posted here:

http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/conferences/GRASS2002/proceedings/proceedings/pdfs/Brovelli_Maria_Antonia.pdf

In the paper it lists a few commands to work with
    * s.edgedetection
    * s.growing
    * s.correction
    * s.bspline.reg

Which only appear in GRASS 5.3. Are they gone forever from the newer
versions, or has their functionality been folded into other commands?
I've also tried processing the data using s.surf.idw ( another 5.3
only command it seems ) and r.contour, but the processing time on a
1.6ghz system is measured in days. Is there a faster way of doing
this? I'm a bit at a loss for direction at the moment, any tips are
greatly appreciated.

Kenneth Denson