[GRASSLIST:5542] Re: LIDAR Processing in Grass 5.7/Grass 6.0

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Jan 27 08:05:30 EST 2005

At the moment the commands are not inside the 5.7 or 6 version of grass.

The commands you are referring works with old site format (5.3), that
has been replaced with the new vector format.
When I'll be not so busy I'll reimplement them for the new version....
(hope soon).

in the newer version you have to refer to v.surf.idw and no more to
s.surf.idw.
I suppose that r.countur running time depends on the raster resolution
you are processing......

Good by,
Maxi

Kenneth Denson wrote:

>I've been trying to figure out how to process LIDAR data using the
>paper posted here:
>
>http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/conferences/GRASS2002/proceedings/proceedings/pdfs/Brovelli_Maria_Antonia.pdf
>
>In the paper it lists a few commands to work with
>    * s.edgedetection
>    * s.growing
>    * s.correction
>    * s.bspline.reg
>
>Which only appear in GRASS 5.3. Are they gone forever from the newer
>versions, or has their functionality been folded into other commands?
>I've also tried processing the data using s.surf.idw ( another 5.3
>only command it seems ) and r.contour, but the processing time on a
>1.6ghz system is measured in days. Is there a faster way of doing
>this? I'm a bit at a loss for direction at the moment, any tips are
>greatly appreciated.
>

>Kenneth Denson

Ing. Massimiliano Cannata

SUPSI - Istituto Scienze della Terra
C.P. 72 - CH-6952 Canobbio (Ticino, Switzerland)
Tel +41 (0)91 935 12 25 - Fax +41 (0)91 935 12 09
mailto:massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
http://www.ist.supsi.ch