[GRASSLIST:7417] Re: concurrent session in grass6

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Jul 1 15:49:18 EDT 2005

Markus Neteler wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 09:27:24PM -0600, Richard Greenwood wrote:
>

>>On 6/30/05, Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, I read that in grass 6 there is no more problem in running
>>>concurrent session...
>>>Is it rigth?
>>>I'm linking grass to mapserver and I wander if I have to handle
>>>concurrent session in some way...?!
>>>Is enougth to use different gislock value for each process?
>>>Do I have to handle one mapset for each user?
>>>Let me know what kind of problem do I have to take in cosideration, and
>>>maybe where can I found some literature on it...
>>>Thanks,
>>>Maxi
>>>

>>In a web context to just display GRASS data, each request should be
>>coming from the same 'user', that is, the web server 'user' so it
>>would not really be concurrent sessions, but just one user making a
>>lot of requests.
>>

>A solution might be to run each "job" in its own mapset (take process
>ID as mapset name).
>
>Markus

Or maybe one mapset for each session (as 1 web user can do 1 job at a time)?
In the case I have to:
- for each session generate the file: grass6-apache-$sessionID
- set grass env variables (as in the grass-php example on the web)
- run the cmd

As I'm not expert, env variables will be valid for all the session and
will be not concurrent with the one of others session?

Thanks you. Ciao

Maxi

--

Eng. Massimiliano Cannata
Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana