[GRASSLIST:7587] Re: Compilation errors of Fedors Core 4

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jul 18 05:36:48 EDT 2005

Miha,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 09:08:44AM +0100, Miha Staut wrote:
> I found it interesting that the CVS snapshot of GRASS 6.1 compiled appearently
> without problems while the version from tarball of the CVS source tree did not.
> The same was not true for GRASS 5.x.

Brad Douglas and me spent some time to fix compiler warnings/errors:

(Brad worked on image library and others).
http://www.grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2005-July/018955.html
http://www.grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2005-July/018969.html

IMHO that's why 6.1-CVS source tree compiles much better now. Also valid
for the 6.1-CVS snapshot from last Saturday created in the European
morning time. Maybe you got your tarball before that.

To backport this to GRASS 6.0/5.x is too compilated (for me).
Let me recommend to use GRASS 6 instead of GRASS 5.

Markus