[GRASSLIST:7631] Re: Compilation errors of Fedors Core 4

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jul 20 02:47:42 EDT 2005

Miha Staut wrote:

> I tried to do as you said. So
>
> make CFLAGS_WARNING= 2> std.error.txt
>
> It seemed to me that no less warnings appeared (130 KB of text in all). I am
> therefore sending the std. error output as an attachment. I am reminding again
> that predominantly imagery commands had problems (according to error.log) while
> for the others v.surf.rst, r.grow2, r.in.gdal (normal), r.param.scale,
> r.resamp.rst, r.surf.gauss, r.surf.random, s.in.ascii, s.surf.rst,
> r.hydro.CASC2D, r.surf.fractal, r.terraflow (normal).

The first actual error is:

numerical.h:47: error: array type has incomplete element type

This has been fixed recently in 6.x.

That error causes lib/gmath to fail to compile, which in turn causes
the "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgmath" errors (30 in total) as well as
the "No rule to make target .../libgmath.a" errors (5 in total).

Therea are also two other "incomplete element type" errors:

	In file included from matrix.c:3:
	globals.h:12: error: array type has incomplete element type

	In file included from v.out.sdts.c:29:
	externs.h:29: error: array type has incomplete element type

I can't locate the first, as the stderr output doesn't have the
"entering directory ..." messages.

The second is clearly from v.out.sdts; that can be fixed by moving the
definitions of the SDTS_module and SDTS_ddr_elems structures up a few
lines, to before the declarations which use them.

The relevant file is src.contrib/SDTS/mapdev/v.out.sdts/externs.h.