[GRASSLIST:7111] Re: DXF to Grass dataset

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 05:02:09 EDT 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Nick Cahill wrote:

> I think v.in.dxf was set up this way in Grass 3 or 4, wasn't it? You would
> put a text object near a vector (contour line, etc.) and grass would make
> this text the attribute of the imported vector.

Yes the functionality has been in GRASS for many years AFAIK. The relevant
module is v.cadlabel. It needs to be run after import with v.in.dxf. A
few years ago I was working with a DXF file and could have done with
this functionality, but I wasn't aware of it then and have never used it
so can't offer any help. But v.cadlabel is still there in 5.4.

Paul