[GRASSLIST:7160] length restriction on raster names?

Vincent Schut vincent at ecovla.nl
Wed Jun 15 06:57:55 EDT 2005

Hi all,

is there a length restriction on GRASS raster names, especially when
used in an imaginary group? I have several rasters with quite long names
(like: '20020101_20030101_normalized_min'). I can access these fine, but
when I add them to a group, this doesn't work and the REF file of the
group seems garbage: the raster names looks like they have been cut at
something around 20 characters. Is this intentional?

Regards,
Vincent.