[GRASSLIST:7190] Re: Mapset Access

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 11:41:52 EDT 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, David Orme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone give me a quick overview of how mapset access control works in
> grass. I have a location with a number of mapsets, all of which I now need to
> share with coworkers but I can't seem to get it working. I've moved the
> mapsets onto our server machine (Apple G5 running 10.4 and Grass 6.0 using
> Lorenzo Moretti's binary) and put them in /Users/Shared/Grass. I own the
> location:

I think the point is that you can only select a mapset as your working
mapset if you own it. If other users need to access maps in that mapset
then they use the map at mapset notation.
Have never really worked much with multiple mapsets so I don't have a
clear idea of the type of problems you can encounter but I don't think
there is that much to it.

Paul