[GRASSLIST:6103] RE:GRASS60: Warning This is not a valid mapset

DrakeGis drakegis at dacafe.com
Thu Mar 10 10:47:21 EST 2005

>>   I installed GRASS54 and GRASS60beta2 on my DEBIAN box without any
>> problem, but when I tried to access to my old data, I obtained a
>> Message Box saying "Warning This is not a valid mapset" and I can't
>> open my data.
>>  Is there any changes in the Mapset definitions... is there anyway to
>>  get more details about the warning ?
>

> perhaps this is it:
> ??
>
> GRASS 6 now includes support for 3D raster grids. see:
>   http://grass.ibiblio.org/grid3d/index.html
>
> To do this we need to have a min,max,res for the z coordinate as well as
> x and y.
>

> Running:
>
> g.region -p3
>
> in GRASS 6 will show all the new region settings (usually hidden for
> everyday 2D use).
>

> ... things like 6.0's NVIZ now require the new region format so it
> automatically updates it if needed. So if you go back to 5.4 after using
> 6.0, the region settings can be strange and new as far as 5.4 is
> concerned.
> (If anybody ever does it, we should release a forward compatible GRASS
> 5.4.1)
>
> Solution: in 5.4 run 'g.region -d' then go on your way. As long as the
> mapset was created in 5.4 this should work ok.
>
> or copy DEFAULT_WIND from the PERMANENT mapset to the WIND file in your
> local mapset if outside of GRASS.
>
> maybe just run d.zoom?

Hi,
   Still with the problem.
   First I can't run g.region -p3 in GRASS 6 because of I can't enter (I
don't have a valid mapset :( ).
   I check the DEFAULT_WIND and the WIND files and they are the same, and
still have the problem. Also, in the local mapsets I found not only a
WIND file but also a wind file, Is that right ?
   I will try to create a new Mapset and see what happens....

  Thanks

    D.

Stay ahead of the information curve.
Receive GIS news and jobs on your desktop daily.
Subscribe today to the GIS CafeNews newsletter.
[ http://www10.giscafe.com/nl/newsletter_subscribe.php ]
It's informative and essential.