[GRASSLIST:6201] Water basin filling w Grass

Māris Nartišs maris.nartiss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:50:42 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm doing research - a water body simulation with Grass. I
successfully created DTM w Grass (Hooray!) and now need to do more
specific things.

I need to find maximum possible water level for lake. I have place
where must be a lake and I need to know what water level is maximal
until it starts to spill out. And I need to find those spill out
points and levels (height).
I know it is possible, because I saw a demo on web but w/o HOWTO.
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/%7Ehelena/gmslab/viz/erosion.html

Any help, ideas welcome :)

And another question - I was following Grass tutorial (
http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/docs/tutorial/english/index_en.htm )
and creating basins with r.watershed but on low land it produced
thousands of small and narrow, parallel basins and result was not even
close looking to sample shown on tutorial
(http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/docs/tutorial/english/dtm4_en.htm). I
understand, that different data give different results, but not so
different!
Or its OK and I was just confused by beautiful results shown in this tutorial?
(See attachment.)
Grass 6.0.0 b2

TNX for reading,
Maris.