[GRASSLIST:6739] Re: GRASS and QGIS

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon May 9 06:23:24 EDT 2005

Hello Geir,

On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:15:44 +0200 <geir.systad at nina.no> wrote:

> To compile qgis under cygwin/windows might be a solution, so I will
> look into it in my linux system instead.
>
> And I guess it might be just as easy to do the neccecary work by
> command line in grass, and use qgis as a viewer/layout tool?

Sure. Basicly it is possible to add any command-line-driven modules to
the GRASS_toolbox. Easy, XML-based and no programming-skills needed.

Additionally GRASS offers the GIS-Manager (d.m) where you can use TCLTK-
driven GUIs to use any GRASS modules.

Cheers
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office (TCH) -  Vahrenwalder Straße 7   -   D-30165 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511-9357560       -          Fax: ++49-(0)511-9357100