[GRASSLIST:6880] Re: problems starting GRASS under Cygwin

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed May 25 03:14:50 EDT 2005

When you installed from the site, you had to choose GRASS 6.0 or GRASS 6.1
cvs--or both. Which did you choose? There is now a GRASS 6.1 batch file
(grass61.bat) that is either new or that I didn't see before. You can
download this and try it.

For the version we downloaded last Friday, GRASS starts in text mode (i.e.,
in an x11 terminal window). Then we can type d.m & to start the GUI. Nviz
doesn't work on that version for us, but the rest of GRASS seems to work
fine, if a bit slow.

Michael