[GRASSLIST:6881] Re: Lat long; illegal latitude

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed May 25 04:38:38 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 12:05:52PM +0200, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this issue was already discussed a few weeks ago
> (http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2005-April/017946.html), however I do
> not understand what the best work around is. Which file do I have to modify
> or should it work with the most recent cvs version?

Unfortunately the problem is still open (I ran into it recently again
with global MODIS data). The only way I found so far (without hacking
GRASS) was to make the map smaller with gdal_translate. Of course
not the preferred way...

> lat long location (EPSG 4326-- set up with GRASS 6 not 6.1):
> Import of Lambert Azimuthal Equal-area img file (as well as UTM Wgs84 files)
> failed
>
> r.in.gdal input=/mnt/hdg1/ndvi_mask.img output=test -o -e
> Over-riding projection check.
> Proceeding with import...
> WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North
>
> Using GRASS 6.1 cvs minutes ago.

Please post the coordinates section of

 gdalinfo /mnt/hdg1/ndvi_mask.img

Markus