[GRASSLIST:6945] gis meeting

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon May 30 02:06:45 EDT 2005

Hi all.
Last thursday I had a public meeting with major GIS players in Italy (esri,
intergraph, autodesk, etc). It was a bit hard, but I consider it a success:
all admitted that "open source" software will increase in the near future,
and that its presence is a positive one.
A funny note: esri tried to say that they offer "guarantee" for their
products, but the public easily pointed out this is not true.
In the afternoon, we had a more technical workshop that was well attended; the
potential of qgis, grass, maopserver etc was shown.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini