[GRASSLIST:8254] Re: i.ortho.photo cant select existing imagery group

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 04:25:27 EDT 2005

> >> i.group group=45-531_1210-1
> >>
> >> GRASS_INFO_ERROR(7533,1): No input map(s) specified.
> >
> > The i.group module is for editing the group lists. You haven't
> > requested it to take any action (add/remove/list maps) and so it
> > doesn't know what to do.
>
> yes, but in this case the old, cmd-line version of
> i.group simply selected the group for rectification.

I don't understand that. Which version of GRASS are you using? Which
version of GRASS do you mean by "old version"?

For the record, within the same version of GRASS, the GUI and command
line versions of almost all modules are infact the same program running
whichever version you choose. The difference is mostly cosmetic.

> >> I don't want to add/remove any raster layer from the
> >> group, just want to tell i.ortho.photo which group it
> >> should use. How to do with this dialog-window?
> >
> > i.ortho.photo both from the command prompt and from the d.m menu
> > should launch a prompt which asks you which which group you want to
> > use.
>
> sorry, at least the cmd-line version doesn't ask for a group
> (call from d.m I didn't try yet). It just shows the group last used.

GRASS> i.ortho.photo

what happens next?

you should see:

Enter imagery group for ortho-rectification
Enter 'list' for a list of existing imagery groups
Enter 'list -f' for a verbose listing
Hit RETURN to cancel request

?
Hamish