[GRASSLIST:8265] Re: db.test errors

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Tue Sep 13 15:45:50 EDT 2005

A little more information on my db problem:

I discovered that this works just fine:

db.select table=colonies database=tx_state_nad83 driver=mysql
sql="select abbrv from colonies"

However, this does not work:

db.select table=colonies database=tx_state_nad83 driver=mysql
sql="select * from colonies"
dbmi: Protocol error
Broken pipe

If i use a column name in the select statement, everything works
fine.  If I use an * or a column name that doesn't exist, I get the
errors above, namely:

dbmi: Protocol error
Broken pipe

I hope that sheds some light on the problem.  Does anyone know what's
happening here?

- Jason

Jason Horn
Boston University Department of Biology