[GRASSLIST:746] Proper configure flags for alternative install directory?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Apr 18 12:32:21 EDT 2006

I'm trying to install 6.1 cvs in /opt in order to avoid overwriting an
existing custom 6.1 install in /usr/local. I'm setting the following
parameters during congfig to install in /opt:

--bindir=/opt/grass-6.1.cvs/
--program-prefix=grass61cvs
--exec-prefix=/opt/grass-6.1.cvs/
--libexecdir=${EPREFIX}/lib

I'm not sure if all of these are necessary, or even set properly. When
./configure is finished, it reports:

GRASS is now configured for:  i686-pc-linux-gnu

 Source directory:            /opt/grass6
 Build directory:             /opt/grass6
 Installation directory:      /usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs
 Startup script in directory: /opt/grass-6.1.cvs/

But I don't want the install directory to be /usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs. How
do I modify this install dir to /opt/grass-6.1.cvs?

Thanks,

~ Eric.